This story is something I was inspired to write up real quick after speaking with somebody close to me. I think if there's anything to take away from this short is that, if you can relate to this story you can see that you are not alone.
The Last man on His Earth
I am the last man on earth.
There was no apocalypse nor was I spared some horrific death by a plague that wiped out all of humanity. It's something much more confusing.
What's left here for me is nothing but a life wasted. Without the human interaction that we all crave, ones existence gets put into perspective. I am making no difference in any lives and have no one to make a difference in mine. What is next when there is nothing?
The truth is that I see people every day, but they don't seem to see me. Maybe I am a ghost to them or they are ghosts to me. I see them in passing without a word to be spared by their mouths or mine. We do not seem to be part of the same world.
They all seem to interact in a world around me, yet I am not part of it. Why can't they see me, why am I the one alone?
I'm not seeking pity or anything of that sort. All I care for after all this time is someone to sit down and talk with, someone to laugh and tell stories with. Someone who cares.
I am the last man on my earth and the confusing part is, I am one in seven billion people alive. If this statistic is right then why am I alone?
There was no apocalypse nor was I spared some horrific death by a plague that wiped out all of humanity. It's something much more confusing.
What's left here for me is nothing but a life wasted. Without the human interaction that we all crave, ones existence gets put into perspective. I am making no difference in any lives and have no one to make a difference in mine. What is next when there is nothing?
The truth is that I see people every day, but they don't seem to see me. Maybe I am a ghost to them or they are ghosts to me. I see them in passing without a word to be spared by their mouths or mine. We do not seem to be part of the same world.
They all seem to interact in a world around me, yet I am not part of it. Why can't they see me, why am I the one alone?
I'm not seeking pity or anything of that sort. All I care for after all this time is someone to sit down and talk with, someone to laugh and tell stories with. Someone who cares.
I am the last man on my earth and the confusing part is, I am one in seven billion people alive. If this statistic is right then why am I alone?
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you would like to leave a comment, please post it down below. Thank you for your time!